Monday, June 11, 2012

I'm Coming Home - Skylar Grey

I'm coming home
I'm coming home
Tell the world I'm coming home
Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday
I know my Kingdom awaits
And they forgiven my mistake
I'm coming home
I'm coming home
Tell the world I'm coming home

Very deep lyrics there. It could be interpret in so many ways by different people.
Here's what I think; (for the sake of my interpretation lets assume a she)

[ I'm coming home, I'm coming home ] - Someone who have been 'outside' her home for a very long time, either pursuing dreams or just want to live the world, suddenly have enough of what the 'outside' world has to offer and decide that she will go home - to where she feels best at being her true-self

[ Tell the world I'm coming home ] - She feels that everyone should know that she is going home because she is sick and tired of the world 'play' - all the lies and bullshit that the world corrupt us with

[ Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday ] - She is going to let her 'home' (home equivalent to the family and friends) heal all the wounds that she got during the 'outside' stay

[ I know my Kingdom awaits ] - Kingdom in the sense of her old world, the one that she grow up with, the one that she is comfortable with

[ And they forgiven my mistake] - Perhaps she went to the 'outside' world without permission and that her parents (obviously) have long forgotten about the misunderstanding and await her home, or the other way around, where people of the 'outside' world release her to return home

[ I'm coming home, I'm coming home, Tell the world I'm coming home ] - Just to make a clear stand that he/she have made up his/her mind and nothing will change that

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...